Your privacy is important to CAPCA. This privacy statement provides information about the personal information that CAPCA collects, and the ways in which CAPCA uses that personal information.
Personal Information Collection
CAPCA may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your use of this website, including your username and password;
- information that you provide as a CAPCA member for the purpose of registering with the website (including your MMC information, postal addresses, phone numbers, e-mail addresses, and other data);
- information about transactions carried out over this website (including but not limited to registering for courses and special events and Ship’s Store transactions);
- any other information that you provide in public communication on the website (such as biographical information as a CAPCA officer, or as published in The Log).
Using Personal Information
CAPCA may use your personal information to:
- administer this website;
- personalize the website for you;
- enable your access to and use of the website services;
- publish information about you on the website;
- enroll you in courses and register you for special events
- send statements and invoices to you;
- collect payments from you; and
- send CAPCA information and reminders to you
Where CAPCA discloses your personal information to its agents or subcontractors for these purposes, the agent or subcontractor in question will be obligated to use that personal information in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement.
In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified elsewhere above, CAPCA may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
Securing Your Data
- CAPCA will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal information.
- CAPCA will store all the personal information you provide on its servers and those of any associated companies that provide membership services to CAPCA.
Cross-border Data Transfers
- In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the public pages of this website will be published on the Internet and may be available around the world.
- You agree to such cross-border transfers of personal information.
- Updating This Statement
You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are familiar with any changes.
This website contains links to other websites. CAPCA is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party.
This document was created using a Contractology template available at http://www.freenetlaw.com.