Consider Hosting a Student Intern
Interns have a lot to offer their internship sites. Anne Arundel County students experience much more than the traditional high school curriculum and are qualified to contribute in meaningful ways to the internships they pursue.
An internship opportunity prepares students for their future through site-based experiences in industry, government, and community professional settings.
Benefits of hosting an intern:
- Add a fresh perspective to the workforce
- Increase productivity
- Create a pipeline for future employees
- Build relationships with students and schools
The internship format is designed to allow students to:
- Participate in the daily work of professionals in their workplace
- Engage in collaborative work alongside mentors and their colleagues
- Experience the full spectrum of expectations, job skills, and opportunities related to success in the workplace
- Evaluate and reflect on the work of a professional through active, daily on-the-job personnel workplace exchanges
Internships should meet the following criteria:
- Guided by a qualified mentor
- Duties are career focused in nature and encompass the required hours
- The internship is mutually benefitting the mentor and the student
- Intern is learning one or more new skills or advancing one or more current skills to higher levels
Internship Format Options
- A 135-hour summer internship
- A 135-hour fall or spring internship
- Internships can be paid or unpaid
Click here for more information about the program.
Want to learn more? Please contact Thomas Dickinson at 443-679-6204 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org